The CanStick is a handy diagnostic tool for automotive applications. It is easily attachable to the OBD-2 connector of the vehicle and the operator can easily send and receive predefined CAN sequences. The tool with high contact durability is designed for the environment of serial manufacturing as well as a quick diagnostic tool in the field of R&D. With the help of four free programmable keys the user can send CAN messages and start events. Six LED’s, also free programmable, give a feedback of accomplished actions back to the operator. The device is powered by the OBD-2 connector and does not need additional supplies.
The CanStick consists of a microcontroller with its own operating system and Flash Memory (64kByte). The CAN program sequence is transmitted from the Host PC to the CanStick via a RS232 connection after which, the CanStick works automatically
To create a program for the CanStick, two software tools are required: The Compiler with the project environment and the Flash-Tool to download the binary file. The tool is accompanied with sample projects, in which the functions for key and LED´s are predefined. The message sequences can be added and then compiled, linked and flashed to the CanStick.
- CanStick Light: CAN communication device with 4 free programmable keys and 6 free programmable LEDs. Without OBD-2 connector. Housing closed on both sides.
- CanStick Basic: CAN communication device with 4 free programmable keys and 6 free programmable LEDs. Housing closed on one side. 1 OBD-2 connector.
- CanStick Pro: CAN communication device with 4 free programmable keys and 6 free programmable LEDs: 1 OBD-2 connector & 1 OBD-2 bushing.
Spring loaded pins (for OBD-2 connector with exchangeable pins)
- 4 free programmable keys
- 6 free programmable LED’s
- RS232 – connector to the Host PC (9-pin)
- MOLEX OBD-2 connector / bushing (14-pin)
- OBD-2 connector gold plated (min. 2.000.000 connection cycles) or OBD-2 connector with exchangeable spring-loaded pins. (min. 200.000 connection cycles)
- Current consumption: typical 50 mA
- Nominal voltage: typical 13,5 V (9 … 16 V)
- Short circuit protection: Diode
- Polarity protection: Diode
- Temperature range: -20°C to +70°C
- Dimensions: app. 100 x 48 x 30 mm
- Mass: app. 200 g